This took me two hours of searching trying to follow directions from many different posts and not quite getting it to work. (There might have been a bit of yelling and name calling going on between me and my poor computer. hehe) Any who I finally found a blog with not great directions but a really great picture (I'm hoping it's okay to share the picture with you as long as I give the site link along with it.) So here we go, my attempt at a tutorial.
- Create a picture you want to use for your button I don't have any fancy programs on my computer so I just used "Paint"
- Get an account at http://www.photobucket.com/ and up load your picture.
- On the top left of the screen you will see a bar with your pictures HTML code, copy it.
- Back at your blog click "customize" on the top right of your screen, then click "layout"
- Click "Add a Gadget" then choose HTML/Java Script
- Enter the code just like it is in this picture making all the necessary changes with your info, if it doesn't work go back and make sure you have it exactly the same.
This picture came from: http://accidentalmommies.com/blog-buttons/how-to-add-a-grab-our-button-section-to-your-sidebar/ If you don't understand my instructions maybe theirs will be helpful, they also have lots of other good stuff, definitely worth giving them a looksy.